an epistemically responsible, spare ontology

20 February 2006

Preparation for 21.February meeting

During the last two weeks, I worked my way through Kaplan's "Quantifying In" and then trudged my way through his "Opacity". There was so much in the latter, that I had to write a relatively short paper (of perhaps borderline coherence) just for the purposes of exposition. For the former, I provided only a sketchy summary of the main points. I'm thinking that the summary foreshadows the expository work I'll be doing for the stuff I read from now on.

I also read Fine's "The Problem of De Re Modality" a few times in the last two weeks. It was even more challenging that "Opacity". I'll try to have some expository work on that soon (as soon, that is, as I figure out what's happening in it).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home